So, a nun cut in front of me in line at the pharmacy today. That sounds like the start of a bad joke. And I guess in a way it is. The only way it would be funnier is if she were buying condoms. (She wasn’t. At least not today.) So it makes me wonder, if the champions of peace and guardians of charity can’t wait their damn turn to pay for garbage bags and a box of cookies, what hope is there for humanity.
I mean, seriously, what is wrong with people. I was walking along yesterday and saw a sign that a man had to put up on his fence. It read something to the effect of “please stop throwing your dog crap in my yard.” Now understand, this was not strays doing their business on the lawn, or people letting their dogs take a dump and then running away (the classic poop and scoot). No, this was people picking up their dog’s leavings and deliberately throwing them over this guy’s fence with such frequency that he felt the need to put up a sign.
Let me repeat that. People were throwing puppy muffins over this guy’s fence instead of walking four hundred feet to the garbage can that was in the park at the end of the street, or the dumpster that was two hundred feet away on the next street over, or garbage can a hundred feet away in the playground across the street, or the guy’s actual garbage can which was ten feet away.
Was he some kind of war criminal that people literally are flinging feces at his home? Is he a child molester or a city councillor? No, he’s just some guy who’s property line happens to run along the sidewalk. What does it say about us that we care so much for our canines that we will pick up our little dog’s dumplings, but at the same time care so little for the welfare of our fellow citizens that we will catapult Fido’s land mines into some unsuspecting sucker’s back lot? Human beings are equal parts entertainment and embarrassment.
Also, did you really think a sign would stop them?
- Get rid of Ontario’s BSL, puppy mills, and other animal atrocities NOW! (rosalindwent.wordpress.com)
- Edmonton police save abandoned puppy from vehicle (metronews.ca)
- Practical Gifts for Your Puppy’s First Birthday (personalcreations.com)
- How to Potty Train a Puppy (answers.com)
- Your Yawns Are Contagious to Adult Dogs, But Not to Puppies (geekosystem.com)
- Ban the Sale of Dogs and Cats at Flea Markets in Mississippi (forcechange.com)
- German shepherd puppy in Texas just wants to live (examiner.com)
- Train a Dog to “Shake” – PetCareRx (petcarerx.com)
- Dog shaming website more venting than solution (fox13now.com)
- Happy ending for orphaned Myanmar puppy (euronews.com)