Foil & Phaser is now accepting applications for volunteer science fiction and fantasy authors.
Authors would be responsible for regular blog posts and coordinating workshops. Those wishing to become a registered author for the site must submit a request by email to email@example.com using the following guidelines:
The subject line should read “Author Request”
and in the body of your email, or in an attachment, please include the following [All of the following information may be published on a profile page about you except for your real name and age]:
- Your real name: [This will not be published.]
- Your age: [This will not be published. You must be at least 13 years old.]
- Your pen name: [The name you wish to be referred to publicly. If you use your real name, put that here.]
- Your country of residence: [or if you wish, city, state, province as well. We do not need your exact address.]
- Your WordPress username or an email address: [Required to set up your account.]
- Your biography: [Between one and two hundred words about you and your experience.]
- Your webliography: [Links to you Goodreads profile, books you have written, a personal website, blog, or social media accounts.]
- Writing Sample: [A sample post which may be a piece of short fiction for public consumption, an essay related to writing, a review or interview, or a workshop idea.]
- A profile picture or avatar [JPG or PNG preferred.]
Any attachments must be in plain text or RTF formats. Preference will be given to those who are members of the Sword & Laser group on Goodreads and are active on the forums there, have contributed fiction to this site, have experience in writing or related fields, and have demonstrated a level of commitment and leadership skills. All other factors being equal, priority will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.