It’s my one year blogiversary – Let there be cake!
In the spirit of doing random things for their own sakes and since you’ve all broken your New Year’s resolutions already, here is one of my favourite things:
Carrot Cake Muffins
- 1 cup 250 ml Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup 250 ml Cooking Oil
- 3 3 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp 2 ml Vanilla
- 1 1/3 Cups 325 ml All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp 8 ml Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp 8 ml Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp 2 ml Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp 7 ml Cinnamon
- 2 Cups 500 ml Grated Carrots
Beat sugar and cooking oil in bowl. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Sift and fold the remaining dry ingredients in and blend well. Stir in grated carrots. (Optionally add about 3/4 cup pecans or walnuts)
Place in paper cups in muffin tins. Fill to 2/3rds full . Makes 18 regular size. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean at 350F (180C).
Cool and frost. Can be eaten without frosting but Cream Cheese Icing is so good!
Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 oz 125 gr Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup 60 ml Butter or margarine
- 1 tsp 5 ml Vanilla
- 2 cups 500 ml Icing Sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla well. Add sugar gradually beating until fluffy. Spread on muffins.